Sunday 11 December 2011

Brioche

I bit of a departure from the family baking, and sorry I'm not up to sharing this recipe it's from The Cook's Guide to Bread if you want to find it, although I warn you these could kill you.  I'm simultaneously proud of my creations and appalled by the amount of butter used in this bread recipe, I used to love a piece of brioche toasted with butter, now I think eating that is like saying this lard isn't fatty enough, I think I'll add some bacon grease.  Even the egg wash was egg yolk only so they came out super shiny and although dark.

But I do kind want to show off my results so please forgive me for expecting you to indulge me.


I had a bit of a revelation, my lovely antique tart tins might actually be brioche roll tins.  I now need to go find someone to give these to immediately so I don't eat them.

1 comment:

  1. Those look delicious, Jenn. But it is a heart attack in a bowl!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.